I’ve mentioned on HYA before that I’m something of a fan of Justice, the rather excellent purveyors of electronic music. I’d noticed that there was a few tees around referencing them and their music, so I thought I’d whip together a post about them. A couple of these are from the infamous video for D.A.N.C.E, but I realise that there a lot more of the tees from that vid can be found on these Daily Tee and Tcritic posts.
1. Teelovers described the tee at the top of this post as the ultimate t-shirt for lovers of Justice. I like the idea of random people in the street not knowing who it is and just thinking you’ve got some weird guys face on your tee (hey, that might be a good idea for a line…). No link since I don’t have a clue where this one if from or if it can even be bought.
2. I think it’s cool that someone would like a song so much that they’d design a tee that references it, especially when the song in question has loads of tees in its video. Link
3. This tee is a totally unofficial homage to one of my favourite tees in the d.a.n.c.e video. I think it would look nice paired with a shirt. Link
4. This tee is also from the d.a.n.c.e video, and tickles the part of me that likes fake clothes, by which I mean t-shirts that aren’t meant to look like t-shirts (the fake tuxedo tee is probably the most famous example). If you go to The Kid America Club store, then put in your region, then click on t-shirts, and you’ll find this beast staring you in the face. I’d give you a link straight the the tee, but KAC are rather particular about how you reach it.
5. Ok, fair enough, this design is from the same collection as number 2, but why mess with something that works? For those of you that aren’t up on your Justice, this tee has the main lyrics to the breakout remix they did (Justice vs Simian – We Are Your Friends) for a radio remix contest that was so good it led to them signing to Ed Banger records, who they’ve been with since 2003. (to see this in yellow, and with more skin than you would have thought was necessary, go here) Link